PROOFREADING AND EDITING SERVICES
I am a freelance proofreader and copy-editor. I hold a Certificate in Proofreading and Editing with the College of Media and Publishing (CMP) and a Certificate in Proofreading Theses and Dissertations with the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP) of which I am an entry level member. I also obtained a BA (Hons) French Studies at the University of Portsmouth, and speak and write French to a high level.
I proofread and copy-edit text, enhancing the quality of English and ensuring that sentences read clearly and fluently. With a background in academic studies, I have a particular interest in proofreading coursework and dissertations for undergraduates, and copy-editing theses, research proposals and research papers for postgraduates and PhD students. My main subject interests are: history; philosophy; economics; politics; literature; linguistics and modern foreign languages. My services are particularly valuable to foreign students with difficulties expressing themselves in written English.
With experience in proofreading and copy-editing websites and other documents, I also offer my services to individuals and businesses.
- Amendments to grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highlighting inconsistencies and repetition in paragraphs.
- Identifying errors in referencing and footnotes.
- Basic document format.
- Amendments to spelling, grammar and document lay-out.
- Re-structuring sentences and paragraphs to improve flow of the text.
- Changes to vocabulary to ensure a consistent academic tone is used throughout the work.
- Provision of comments and suggestions for making improvements.
I prefer to work digitally using Microsoft Word Track Changes and Adobe Acrobat Reader but I am also able to use traditional manuscripts.
I work remotely with most clients but can also meet face-to-face.
Essays, Assignments, Dissertations, Theses & University Applications
Websites, Articles, Press Releases, Blogs, Presentations & Advertisements
CVs, Resumes & Cover Letters